Free Chatroom/ Free Members areas?

I am not sure if anyone has mentioned this before but I was wondering if there was a way for our sites to have completely free chat rooms separate from Live Show Broadcasts. People could log into the room as a guest or make them register in order to join the chat. It would be another way to draw attention to our sites and entice more people to try out the site at least. I personally would like to have a chat room of my own that do not require video or audio.

Comments

• Hi CurvyNicole, for now abilities to sent messages and comments are available for paid members only. I'll add the task to the 'incoming requests' list
  • Nicole, we also had an extensive discussion on the possibility of adding free memberships. I.e. the member joins by just making an account, has very limited access to what's on the site, and is constantly prompted to pay for an upgrade. It's in interesting  option, but must be thought through. It's very difficult to accommodate everyone. Some say I want to give no access to content/interactivity of the site without a payment, others want free areas... and we must choose the best way to fit everyone. So, although it was discussed, even added to the plan, it wasn't prioritized sufficiently, so it won't be done until summer at least.
  • You could do like streamate and just have an option to allow free chat or not. So those who want it get it and those who don't...don't :D 

I know it's not as easy as it sounds... but I would like a free chat possiblity too. 
  • Good idea as well, I agree that it's not very simple though, but time and effort move mountains :)
  • I think free video chat is a MUST. We are doing very well on Chaturbate - and using our social media are now earning over $1,000 per month in just affiliate revenue. In other words - using "free chat" to attract viewers converts to $$$. If we had one more option - "Free Show" in addition to the "Public" and "Private" shows it could increase traffic and revenue significantly. We could attract viewers with "teases" - then when the action starts just click a "start members only broadcast" button. The screen goes blank for "free" members and says "join my site to see the action" (or something like that). I know it would work well... :)

XX Kiitty

• @Kiitty, I agree that it's a good idea, it'll be a lot different from CB though, since in this case if a user comes in to watch a show, and you've already logged off, he wouldn't be directed to similar models live... since this is your website and your user. Free memberships (ones with very limited/perveiw access) have been on the dev plan for a while and hopefully are nearing completion now. Free shows would have to be a step after that, so I'd say a plausible time span for implementation would be late spring/summer.

We are really near completion on Pay-Per-Minute, so please stay tuned for that announcement laugh

• Pay per minute sounds awesome, as does free shows! I'm most excited for the possibility of free shows! I understand there is a development process, but Ido hope it will be available some time 2016!

• @Kiitty Is that $1k/mo just off the CB affiliate program?

If you ever want to talk shop on affiliate marketing / internet monetization, would love to hear your tactics and wouldn't be surprised if we could learn a thing or two from each other.