Email Privacy and Hiding IP Addresses

Does anyone do anything to mask their IP address with email? It's not anything I've ever really had to deal with, but something every model should consider. I've got a tool called Yesware that I've got synced on all my browsers that does seeds emails and provides open, click and OS reports as well as a city and state from the reverse-IP lookup. I use it for sales and follow-up reasons, not no creeper shit, but just the same it has brougth up locations for people I have interacted with.

That means that there's always the possibility that someone uses this tool or anything working with reverse-IP lookup to get a location.

I know it's quite the feature request, but if MC could figure out how to mask IP addresses and offer models an @modelcentro.com email address, or the ability to configure MX records to send through their own domain name, that would be quite a selling point.

I'd be curious to know if anyone knows some hacks or tricks for spoofing this. I wouildn't be surprised if there's some GMail plugins or something similar that's already available.

Comments

• Hey @WebcamStartup, as always really great ideas. I'll bring it up on our next planning/roadmap meeting and see what I hear back. It may not be taken up as urgent though, so don't bring up your hopes too high please.

• WebcamStartup , Natalie might have missed this wink

The functionality that allows to create @modelcentro.com email addresses has been requested before and it is already in our 'To do' list 

• @SashaGreen, you guys got any plans for protection against reverse-IP lookup?

• edited December 2015

Unless I am on here or my personal email I always turn on hidemyass, 

When I check my website here it shows no pesonal info  love that!

I got a domine name for a buck from go daddy and I think it was like 7 a year to hide who owns it.The I did my own check from my friends house and it I could not find my personal info and I am pretty good at doing that so I find it 85 percent safe. (sadly anything can be hacked so 85 percent is high lol)

This is a Great subject for everyone to think about . 

• edited December 2015

I'm going to have to play around with proxies and see if I can find any holes. Never done any real shady blackhat shit and I'm not running around in a Guy Fawkes mask rockin Laser Beam scripts so never really had a need for a proxy.

HideMyAss has a very generous affiliate program too.

• HideMyAss was the VPN of choice for LulzSec which is a good enough testsimony for me. If it can hide all the scripts they're running and protect from the feds, CIA and foreign governments, then it should be more than adaquate for protecting camgirls from creepers.

• edited December 2015

WebcamStartup, thank you for your input! We will definitely take this into consideration when developing the functionality