About.me

Hey guys, thought I'd contribute to the forum for once.  I know that itsmyurls is usually the website of choice for displaying all of your links, but personally I've never found that it's worked for me.  What I use instead is a website called about.me, which is very similar but a lot more user-friendly in my opinion and a lot more visually appealing.

http://about.me/kelliver

Comments

• And all the links added to about.me will help with SEO unlike itsmyurls which doesn't because of the stupid redirect scheme they use.

Didn't know they were adult friendly though. Use them all the time for mainstream linkbuilding.

• Thanks @kelliver. @WebcamStartup, mind expanding on the idea of link building to the benefit of the readers of our community that aren't too SEO savvy yet?

• SEO for models

Linkbuilding for models

Pretty much all you need to know in those two artciles. Basically backlinks = "internet votes" in the eyes of search engines. In theory, people are only going to link to good, relevent content. Therefore, webpages with more links to them tend to be more trustworthy and quality content than webpages with minimal links directed to them.

That Linkbuilding post is a living post, by the way. It gets updated as I stumble upon new sources for backlinks

• We were actually looking at replicating the feature for MC models benefits, so a landing like about.me or itsmyurls is available before a model builts her fanclub, or in addition to. 

• I just setup a page with them less than an hour ago, and they already removed it. Don't think they're adult friendly.

• Def not adult friendly I just made one logged out and 20 min later logged in and they already deleted my account

• Really?  That's weird, I've literally had the adminstrator for about.me visiting my page and they haven't shut down mine.  I think you just have to be careful what you have as your display picture, no nudity etc.  They don't care if your links lead to adult websites.

• The only thing I can find in their terms of use in regards to what you can't post is anything that "contains explicit or graphic descriptions or accounts of sexual acts..."

So they're not against adult work, you just can't have too much explicit content on the page itself.

• Yeah, kind of figured they weren't adult friendly.

• WebcamStartup there is a differance between being adult friendly, and not wanting contains explicit or graphic descriptions, One of the sites I work with is the highest ranted sites out they  do not allow spread photos in any set from any model  and they are worth a few million and one of  the longest standing adult site there is.

A site like instagram  allows you to post sexual but not over  sexual content.  I would not say it is not adult friendly because it is one of the top sites sign ups come from. 

adult friendly  is any site that brings in traffic that turns to sales for me

• Im always hesitant to put up to sexy a pic on instgram I had a few other models warn me I would loose my account. But what Im really even more curious about is @stormy I had no idea that instgram had such a major play in conversions...WOW I might have to try to add more stuf over there

• @stormy that's what I was trying to explain, adult friendly means that they don't care if you're working in the adult industry, not that they're okay with explicit content.

Do you really get the most sign-ups from Instagram?  I'd been wary of using it because I knew they were against overly sexual content, but if that's the case I might reconsider.

• kelliver kelley   There is clear adult sites who have profiles on instgram, they just keep the post tame.....but also the link they use  is tame.....(the site opening is non nude) I am not at all sure if the link takes you straight to hardcore if they would remove you or not. ( you could make a free blog with goggle that then links to your site if the opening is hardcore)

I did not promote this site yet......but the post I made  I got 20 sign up  this week using it (those are free I get no money from that just a higher ranking on the site),520 look ins  and 2 bought content from me. 

( But I use hastages to a few sites I know people who are looking for that personal content look at, so I am a horrible shameless promoter)

I think because these people are looking for more one on one content it is why it worked.   I am hoping it was not one of those new girl has posted things , but even if it is I got 2 sales. Worth a try :)

You guys ever post to adult space? I get signs from time to time there.

I pretty much find any adult site I can and toss up a link lol.

If you find any new sites please let me know.

• Anytime a site doesn't have a clear and concise TOS as far as what is "adult content" it allows the network to cherrypick what accounts they want to ban. \A site can always modify their TOS in the future, so what's acceptable now might not be the case in a few months.

Just look at Instagram and their hashtag bans.

It's why I don't like flying too close to the sun when it comes to stuff like this.

• edited November 2015

WebcamStartup  instgram is silently adult friendly, unless you use hastag that are hardcore they do not ban them. If you are talking about the bans they did back in they realize that baning got them a large drop as you can see with these post here.....

some may end up in a few months getting pulled......but that does not take away the traffic that those tags gave you in those months.

https://www.instagram.com/explore/tags/curvygirl/

https://www.instagram.com/explore/tags/eroticart/

(just a few here)

then list of things they allow..(.just a few)

#bikini
    #legs
    #bed
    #lady
    #girlswithtattoos
    #uglyfollowtrain
    #trocolikes
    #italiangirl
    #straight
    #freethenipple
    #instagirls
    #shape
    #polishgirls
    #perfectbody
    #fuckyeah
    #frenchgirl
    #cashfollowtrain
    #czechgirl
    #swedishgirl
    #art #fashion #highfashion #nudeart #strong #texture #body #girl #beauty #bestoftheday #picoftheday #tattoo #relax #blackandwhite #sunshine #skin #hot #girls #freethenipple #nofilter #notiphone #editorial #style #stefanobrunesci #instalike #instagood #instago #followme

#eroticart #girls#babes #females #women #chicks #skin#beauty #body #art #bodyart #allnatural#curves #curvy #curvygirls #curvywomen#cheeks #adultmodel #brunettes#beautifulgirls #beautifulbabes#beautifulwomen #badgirls #lifestyle#lifestyles #eroticart #eroticphotography 

it is all in knowing how to post

• I feel like this has gotten a little off-topic so maybe we could close comments on this one @Natalie?

Point is, about.me is an alternative for itsmyurls if you're not keen on the site like I am.  Just be careful how you market yourself on there, keep it safe it non-explicit and have a back-up in case your profile is deleted (I do have an account on itsmyurls just in case this happens, although my about.me has been up for months and as I said before, the site owner has literally been on my profile countless times and has not taken action against me or the countless other sex workers who have profiles on there).

If you don't want to use it then you don't have to, I just wanted to share it with you guys as I feel that it is not well known enough for how useful it is as a marketing tool/digital business card.

@StanDaMan I would really like to see something like this as a potential ModelCentro feature, maybe I'll start a conversation in the features section and see what other people think?

• @Kelliver I Created one and Kept my Photos Clean so It should Stay up.

• kelliver  sorry for going off subject, I was asked about instagram by you, I did not mean for the hastag to be as large as it was,....I thought it would be helpful to show how many of the girls use the hastags...sorry.....

• Thread closed by request of the OP.

This discussion has been closed.