Summer Slowdown?

Anyone seeing a slowdown in sales during the hot sommer months? 
Tagged:

Comments

• I'm getting more sign ups now that's summer... Normally they slow down for me...
  • I've noticed a bit of a slow down.
  • A little slow here as well right now
  • edited July 2015
    im not a cam girl, just a xxx model and it's like better for me now then before :o
  • @Jeny is their away for Me to Message you or Email You. I have some Questions (Advice Wise)
  • Cher Azur, sure!  e mail me thesexythingjeny@gmail.com 
  • Not a model, but a webmaster in the adult niche. Bulk of the money I make is off referrals to publisher networks / affiliate networks. Every year during summer, I see a massive throttle in profits. That's a strong indicator that the entire adult industry takes a hit during these months. Keep in mind that this is based on 1000+ webmasters across multiple networks, primarily PlugRush, Ero-Advertising and CrakRevenue. Seems like the bigger webmasters have it worst off. I'll have referrals that usually bring in like 15-20k per month off a single network have their income cut in half.....Which sucks cause it cuts my income off them in half ;( 

I've only been in the camming niche for half a year, so I can't really gauge what that traffic is doing real well.

Lurking on some of the other camming forums, I've seen a lot of discussion on summer slowdown.
  • My Xcams Traffic has Slowed also so it isnt just my Website
  • after positive july August seems to be the worst month for me. almost no sales and guys cancel a lot although i do updates several times a week. Dont know whats going on. 
  • Did you add a new traffic source since, @JenySmith? Maybe it's the particular visitors from one site?

• @Natalie we are looking at google analitics and don't see the changes in traffic sourses. Huge review sites are in affiliate program and we would see if that was their job. That might be my popular video we posted on xvideos and other tube sites. It is here and there in the net now and it could worked but this is only a guess. 

on thing - i havn't had live shows in august but i don't belive it matters so much for the guys (only few of them came to the shows)

• @JenySmith - might be any of the above - tube traffic seems to be the most unstable/undedicated (however in this case you'd have a lot of joins and only few rebills, not a drop in joins), and the lack of liveshows, however few people make time to watch them live, could still hinder conversions (the ticking timer that says a liveshow is coming, free if you join, is a very good pay-trigger).

Lastly, it may just be that August summer slowdown voodoo issue - let's see how it goes in September.

• @natalie hope it will be better   thank you!

will scedule a live show now - lets see if it helps!

• @JenySmith - you don't have to have shows weekly - makes no sense if you say your users don't really crowd up at the show time. Schedule one a few weeks away - just to keep the timer ticking. Might also be worth figuring out what time suits them best - since it makes no sense to try and do a show when 90% of your members are at work. Do a blog post and ask them maybe?

• @natalie you are right, i got to find the better timing

• Talking with the model management department for Streamray / Cams.com, they've said they notice a decrease of traffic; both model registration and customer spending, through the entire summer across their entire network.

• @webcamstartup what could it mean? people left home towns for summer vacations? 

• Pretty much. People out having fun instead of at home on their computers.

• Thought you all might find this both interesting and relevant. Apparently (no huge surprise) dating sites experience the summer slowdown as well and both traffic and conversions pick up starting in September, as per YNOT and whatever this dating affiliate program is.