which analytic site do you use?

Hi!
Well i have to say i don't understand google analytic at all. Maybe someone knows a better one or knows how to use google...
i want to know where my guests come from and how much time each group spends on my site. also would be great to see who converts better.  

Comments

• edited August 2015
    Kaitlin-FurPassion posted some great stuff on Google Webmaster Tools that you can now use as well - did you see that thread?
  • Ah, it's more about searches though - http://community.modelcentro.com/index.php?p=/discussion/comment/1081/#Comment_1081

GA has a very good knowledge center, although for me it was a matter of playing around with it mostly, if only they'd stop re-doing their design every year... sigh. You'd probably want to check out "Acquisition" tab for where users come from.
  • Acquisition -----> Channels and you should see basically everything. GA groups different types of referrals (organic, referral, direct, social, campaign, paid search) into different categories. Opening that up will show the different referers.

Take some time and play around with the "Second Dimension" (right below graph) as it can give you some valuable insight about viewers and their actions on the site.

You can actually build conversion rules within GA. Is there some landing page url that a viewer only sees after signing up for a subscription plan? If so, setup a conversion rule for that particular page. Then you'll be able to view what channels are causing the conversions, as well as what joint channels are causing assisted conversions (for example, maybe Twitter and Google both referred the same IP address before the person actually registered. That'd be an organic / social assisted conversion)

Can also build actual campaigns with the GA URL builder, and that traffic will be displayed under campaigns. Can benchmark various campaigns against each other. Here's the URL builder: https://support.google.com/analytics/answer/1033867?hl=en