Google and Twitter, Oh My!

Now that Google is playing nice with Twitter it looks like they are going to be doing some fun integrations. Google is going to be making it easier to share photos from Google onto Facebook and Twitter (read more).

Google is also indexing tweets and featuring them in search on the search engine (read more). 

These developments may not seem overly significant. However, this indicates an growing involvement by Google into Twitter.  Your SEO in your tweets is starting to matter more. Linking to your site, and linking your profile to your site, will help give your more linking authority and help you come up in organic searches. Participating in the growing social community is going to positively affect your organic search results. 

Twitter is giving more weight to social search, and key word optimizing your tweets will help you come up in Twitter search and benefit your indexing on Google.

This is likely just the beginning of the Google integrations, but it is a good time to start paying attention to what they are doing because getting on the band wagon now will help ensure that your site is getting the good ranking both now and in the future.  
Tagged:

Comments

• Thanks @7veils, very useful!
  • Yes - looks like links in tweets are gaining up in priority. 
  • ive noticed that! i've got my twitter on the 1st place in search results for "Jeny Smith"  and my site on the 4th. 
  • nice I love twitter and this will be very helpful
  • Good news! Thanks of sharing :)
  • Matt Cutts (Google Webspam Team) has stated multiple times that they don't use social signals in the Google algorithm. He hinted that Google would like to start using social signals, but without having a full view of the networks, it's something they deemed as being "unfair". I speculate that now that Google has access to Twitter's data, number of tweets to a specific webpage as well as total tweets for the domain could find its way into the algo.