Your opinion in having free site for promo content

Hi

We remade our old site to something like photo blog post.

check it JenySmith.club

The question is should we add there promo galleries or not. (like this) Because many big sites keep gallerys links hidden and share it from time to time at some other free sites for promo. So is it good or not to have lot of promo content in one place?

Tagged:

Comments

• @JenySmith, I do think it's a good thing to run a site for promoting yourself, just make sure all the pix are watermarked

• @Natalie what is your idea if we put like 10 promo galleries there (like 150pics)? isn't it too much to have so many free pics in one place?

• I would say that you want to stretch it out as updates, and provide ample and well-written descriptions to start getting your own traffic to it. Plus use it as an affiliate source. I don't see why not, but don't just dump the content - make it last as updates - 1 photoset a week or so.

• @Natalie

great idea! thank you!

• Worth noting that the same core-concept can be done onsite through MC's blogging functionality.

Great from an SEO standpoint. Each piece of the content on your promo site will accomplish the double goal of targetting new longtails while building backlinks from your other content. If you're using a CMS like WordPress, you can use RSS or various plugins to syndicate the content to Tumblr, Twitter, all them fun other networks, as well as some adult niche ones such as Sex.com.

If you ever find that it's too much trouble, if you've managed to develope a decent backlink portfolio, can always 301 the entire project to your ModelCentro site and take advantage of consolidating PageRank.

There's also other ways of monetizing the site (affiliate marketing, display ads, pop-unders, ect) outside of just referring traffic to your fanclub.

Also has site-flipping potential. There's SEOs in the adult niche that will basically purchase up any PR 4+ adult niche site just to completely 301 it for the backlinking value. Domaining is big business, especially if the site already has traffic and income, even if the income is minor.

By the way, checked out the Google index of the site and you're getting more 404s than indexed pages. Just a heads up......But then I seen the "Password Page" and I'm assuming that's with the 404s.

If you're getting bullshit traffic, might be worth tossing pop-under codes on that domain, so you're monetizing the visitors even without them converting. PlugRush is a good option if you're you just want a straight CPM.

If you're looking for a revshare, I've found that the Chaturbate affiliate program converts rediculously well if you're traffic is in the camming / amateur / homemade niche. I'm getting end-user conversions even though all my content is tailored to potential camming models and the landing page is the model signup form instead of a tour that's been tested and optimized for conversions. That shows me that it could really perform well if paired for content tailored to the end-user. Don't have to be a model to be a webmaster, so it's worth trying. Go revshare and not PPL. If you get a few good conversions you'll be smiling about it in a year.

• @webcamstartup Thank you so much for such a great and full answer. 404s are the shadows of the old site. We don't sell anything there now and 404s are the deleted pages. that blog has only 1 public and 5 hidden (promo galleries) pages.