This Independence Day, Celebrate your Freedom to Sell!

Performers who are using ModelCentro to maximize their revenue will notice that there is now a whole new store feature available in every account! The new store function is optional, just like every other part of the platform, so performers are always in complete control of their own personal brands. Use it to cash in on the ability to sell virtually any kind of digital goods from photos and videos to custom shoots for fans!

Here's how it works:

Step 1 - To activate your store, first you will need to activate Free Registration to your website (otherwise the store will only be available to your website's paying members). Not to worry, enabling this feature does not give free visitors any additional access to content, messaging, etc. To enable it, choose “My Site” in top menu and then “Settings” in the left submenu. That page will have “Free Registration” Enable/Disable options.

Step 2 - When Free Registration has been turned on, go back to your "Home" screen. You have the option of enabling the store right away or first creating store items and then turning it on on your website. Note the new switcher on your dashboard's profits tracker and the new section on the left side of your screen - these are your controls and monitoring.

Step 3 - Now, go back to your dashboard and open “Store Items” on the left side menu. Click to add your first product. At this time, you can sell videos or photos. In the future, goods and other options will be available! What's great is that store items can be grouped in collections. These are categories that will determine how the content is grouped on the store page.

For the full guide, visit http://help.modelcentro.com/general-questions/freemium-and-store-functionality

To capitalize on your Independence with the new ModelCentro store, partake in our Freedom to Sell Contest! To win big, just tweet @ModelCentro and tag three friends with the hashtag “#ModelCentroStore” when putting up content for sale, it’s that easy! 

The contest is running for a full month with prizes as big as a new iPhone 7 or 7 Plus or $1,000.00 cash. Check out www.ModelCentro.com/Contest for the full contest details.

Enjoy the new feature and may you have a ton of sales! As always, let us know via live chat if you have any questions or need help with anything!wink

Comments

• Wow it is finaly here! Thank you for the great news. I am on the way to set it all up. Good luck to everyone!

• This is wonderful. Thank you for your work!

• Love it! 

• Now i understand the store option i can do so much with this :) 

• So, a couple a questions, if we enable free registration, can guests watch our movies and look at our photo-sets?

Also i’m finding this verbiage confusing:

When you click apply, your content will be processed as a store item. You will find it in the incomplete section of your store's content items. The item will be offered in your store to free members and guests once you publish it to your store as well as VIP members that purchased a premium subscription.

So if it’s offered free to members and guests who exactly are we Selling to? and what’s a VIP member?

Surely members might want the opportunity to to buy and keep content especially if you’re like me and have all your movies and photos set to not able to download.

• @busty_von_tease thanks for your quetstions! Sorry about the text, I wrote that and it all made sense for some reason :) Ok let me explain:

Free members and guests see the same thing, except that when they make an account they'll have a purchases page where they can view anything they purchased in the past. They don't get access to any of the premium content like your paying fans do.

By "offered in your store" I meant that it's a store item that they have to buy to watch. If the content is also in your premium zone, your paying subscribers won't have to buy it again, so it will be both in your store and in the "videos" section that's available to paying premium fans.

When a purchase is made, a free account is created automatically. They can make any further purchases with just choosing the content and clicking "OK". They don't get to message you or enjoy any of the premium perks. We do plan on giving you more control over what free members can do and see, but right now it's the same as guests. All free subscribers can choose to upgrade to premium - the "crown" icon is always there to remind them about it if they don't do it from first login when there is a popup telling them about how awesome it would be for them to go premium.

Hope this makes a bit more sense. Let me know if I need to elaborate on anything else and any suggestions or changes in wording are welcome - sometimes it makes sense to only me lol

• edited July 2017

Hmm... afaik if the member is paying monthly and has access to the content, they will have to make another account on a different email to buy the content for download - that's right now at least. I'll see where on the nearest dev plan we can plug in the option to let members that already can view the content download it for paying extra.

• SELLERS! Now that the store option is available, keep in mind that MODELCENTRO DOES NOT COVER CHARGEBACKS. 

That means people can make purchases from your store and initiate a chargeback in the future. While this does not happen to everyone, it does happen and is something to consider when adding store items. 

I used to use the "tip me" page to accept payments for premade videos, custom videos, custom photos, panties, and other tangible items, but stopped doing so after getting hit with a chargeback for almost $400 worth of custom content from just 1 person. In addition losing $400 worth of money, I lost $400 worth of my time that could have gone to creating premade videos, to camming, etc...  As such, I now only sell custom content and tangible items from sites that cover chargebacks. If you'd like to know more about these sites, feel free to contact me at aylaexposed@gmail.com

If you do choose to use the store feature, DO NOT ADD ANYTHING THAT YOU CANNOT AFFORD  A CHARGEBACK FOR.

And keep in mind that people can initiate multiple chargebacks as well. For example: someone could purchase all of your premade videos, and then initiate a chargeback to get them for free. Most of your customers will not try to scam you, but over time you are likely to encounter at least 1 who will. Always consider the worst possible senario, then ask yourself if it's worth the risk. If it is, by all means, go for it! If not, maybe try selling your content from a site that protects your interests a little more. You can always ask support to add a link on your site that redirects to your store hosted by another site.

• It’s not uncommon to have a subscription member to enquirer if they can purchase a favorite movie to download and keep, but of course we all understand the incentive is to retain subscribers.

• So just to clarify, free members and guests can’t view our content and if I add one of my published movies to the store, it will still appear as normal for the paying subscription members?

• Can you clarify if free members can view free liveshows or pay for a private show? Thanks
  • I want to point out most sites no longer cover chargebacks. Modelcentro is set up as you own your website, they loss money too when chargebacks happen. 

FYI: with a store option and say proof of sending physical items Modelcentro is more likely to win a dispute on the order when thats added

• With respect, I think Ayla made a very worthy point, of my experience of the various sites and services, chargebacks occur here far more frequently than any of the others, but agreed it’s always a risk.

• I am saying its always a risk, but in business this risk is always here. Chargeback disputes are hard to win in non mainstream businesses. What im saying the risk is the same as if you were using and paying for your own processor. 

I paid extra on IWC for chargeback protection. But the place i gotten most chargebacks is on C4S.

I just want to point out CC companies dont like adult entertainment companies at all

• @AylaEXPOSED wow that's bright :)

At no time have we tried to hide or conceal our chargeback policy, so there was no need to post in red :) 

I believe it lives up to what we stand for. If you want to run a website of your own and have a fair partnership of equals with the platform that gives you the tools to do it easily, it wouldn't be fair to expect that one of the partners will pay out of their own pocket if a chargeback occurs. There is nothing unfair to the way chargebacks are handled - profit is shared in the same % revenue share and there are no penalties transferred to you. 

I do know that some companies choose to pay that from their pocket but that to me is just laying the burden on everyone instead of the 1 person to whom this happened. Meaning that the revenue share is adjusted based on how big a percentage of chargebacks is usually expected in the system as a whole.

Consider this - the vast majority of models are never going to touch fraud with a 10 ft pole, but how can you be sure there won't be the several who will? So, if chargebacks are transferred to everyone on the platform by the means of lowering the global % revshare, you're basically paying even for those who get their friends to come in, tip or join and then charge back. To my mind, what looks like "extra protection" is just a way to support and provoke fraud, making everyone else pay for it. We do not see that as fair and will never let this happen on ModelCentro. 

Instead, we fight hard to retrieve any fraudulent chargebacks. There was a recent thread where I detailed this and some comments from models who have encountered fraudulent chargebacks before: http://community.modelcentro.com/index.php?p=/discussion/comment/6501/#Comment_6501

busty_von_tease the other reason why this was never really done is because for subscriberes, there's the locked content functionality - so you could already send them a video to download for an upcharge.

I agree that it is a risk and in all honesty hate when hard working models get stolen from by fraudulent "fans". But my point above stands and I don't see how we could possibly do it differently.

Cher Azur Thank you, we do believe that with store items, % of retrieved chargebacks will be much higher.

@Corrine Not yet but soon it will be possible. Stay tuned as there will be updates.

• edited July 2017

@Natalie - Yes it is bright. Perhaps I like red. There's surely no need to post in any specific color, including black, so why not choose the one I wish to post in? I also like.....  BLUE! So if it makes you feel better (and I hope it does) let's go with that 😃

Secondly, I'm really not sure what the color of my text has to do with with your chargeback policy, and I'm pretty sure everything I said was accurate. I'm pretty sure I didn't accuse anyone of trying to hide or conceal anything, but if you can show me a screenshot of my having said that, I will happily edit it out because that was definitely not my intention. 

I understand why modelcentro doesn't conver chargebacks, and I never once said it was unfair. It's entirely fair, easy enough to find, easy enough to understand, etc... Again, if you can show me a screenshot of my saying it's unfair, I will happily edit that out. I'm not here to make modelcentro look bad, I'm here to remind models to consider the risk in everything they do. Especially newer models who may have essentially no exposure to any of this. Had I known when I was getting started, all that I know today I would have done things more carefully every step of the way. There are some people who work in the industry (or are getting started) who live paycheck to paycheck. A $400 chargeback could mean that they can't pay their rent next month. I was lucky, and didn't find myself in such a bind, but I can only imagine how I would have felt if a single customer had basically taken my home from me. Or something like that.

I believe the bottom line of my post was basically to say that you should not add anything to your store that you cannot afford a chargeback for. And I believe this to be pretty good advice. The great thing about advice is that you can do whatever you want with it. But only after you've been exposed to that advice. I also mentioned that you should always consider the risk (this goes for anything you do in life) and determine whether or not the risk is worth it to you. I did mention that if the risk is not worth it to you (the model), then you should maybe consider selling from a site that "protects your interests a little more" but, one's interests are their own. Modelcentro cannot determine what my interests are or what is in my best interest. Modelcentro cannot do that for anyone. I cannot determine that for anyone else either. So if a model determines that some element of the site does not work in their best interest, the obvious thing to do would be to find a site that does. Personally, that sounds like some really basic advice. Don't like chocolate icecream? Find a store that sells vanilla.

And lastly, there's one site that I work on that pays out 85% to models and covers chargebacks. So even if the chargebacks are transferred to every model on the site by way of lowering the global % revshare, 85% is still the highest I've ever seen. Personally, I would say it's unfair to call that unfair. Sure, there are other sites that cover chargebacks and as a result, they have a much, much lower percentage revshare, but just like Modelcentro, that is also not unfair. Just like Modelcentro, they lay out their rules and all that information in plain sight.  As far as I'm concerned it's only unfair if you're dishonest about it, and I never accused anyone of that.

• @AylaEXPOSED Sorry and really no offense meant or problem - it's just red is tough for me personally... I'm a taurus and it makes me dizzy. Blue is my favorite color and it was much easier to read :) Thanks!

I agree 100% with you - about the risk and about not all services serving everyone's purpose and even more so about fiding a service that works best for you. I further agree that you have to consider risks and prepare for the worst while hoping for the best - my basic life's motto there.

I didn't mean to argue or start a heated discussion... I wanted to present our (and my own) point of view on it and sorry about the color comment - it really only had to do with red driving me crazy :)

Lastly, the site you're talking about, as far as I'm aware, also takes an overhead processing fee from each payment from the user. So, anything that's priced $10 is actually $11, that isn't part of the revenue share (don't quote me on this I read it on a forum somewhere). It is their business model and it works for them - great :)

• not understanding why my tour slider images & tour video has disappeared since the store has been added and i´m not understanding why i´m still awaiting for the images and video to be replaced. I´ve sent many messages about it, it´s meant to be sorted or being sorted.

Have others had any problems with their sites as it´s created a decrease in sales for me this week!

• TheNatalieK

Our developers are fixing the issue on your site right now and it will be fixed today. I'm sorry for the inconvenience.