Using Trending Hashtags

Hashtags are one of the most powerful tools on twitter for increasing your reach.  A properly used hashtag can introduce you to a whole new audience.  

Trending
A trending hashtag is something that happens spontaneously due to a current event or random happenstance. Random trends are usually due to something viral, like the panda sneezing or cat breading.  Current event trends are prompted by something happening in the world that people are talking about, like #HarryPotter. These trends are great to participate in to get you into the big discussion.  You can find out what is trending by logging into twitter.com and looking on the left side of your newsfeed. You will see a list of what is currently trending on Twitter. If you click the link, it will take you to all the tweets using that hashtag. 

There are also weekly trends. These are trends that happen regularly, ie. #SelfieSaturday #TittyTuesday #FollowFriday #MirrorMonday
These are fun to participate in. They are usually about posting photos. These will often get nice retweets.  These are a great excuse to take a camera pic and post it on twitter, or take one of your gallery pics and post it. When you post, make sure to add a link back to your site. So that people can see more pics. 

There are hashtags that occur almost daily for you to participate in.  If you are curious about other hashtags, I would recommend taking some time to click the hashtag and see what other ones people are using. Often times people will use more than one, and this is a great way to find new and fun hashtags to use.

Some good adult weekly hashtags:
If you are looking for a good hashtag to use, you want to find one that is being used but not so heavily that the tweets are coming in faster than you can read. A moderately active hashtag is the best. If it is too busy, then new people are less likely to see your tweet because it is getting drowned in all the tweets. Conversely, if one has very little usage, that indicates that people are not really using it. 
Tagged:

Comments

• edited October 2014
    Thank you 7veils, very useful post! I'm gonna definitely recommend all models to use trending and adult weekly hashtags in order to get more retweets :)
  • Love this idea. I do some of these but wow I would love to do more. Great ideas thank you
  • Do we only use the hash tags on twitter or also in our submital form and blog posts? 

• You should definitely use hashtags in your automatic tweets and posts throught he social sharing feature @Sexilicious